Sunday, August 11, 2013
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
My friend Jason is a lover of craft beer. As a matter of fact, many of my friends are quite partial to good beer. Jason is a co-owner of one of the coolest pizza and beer restaurants in Tokyo. I attended an opening party for their newest venture and had a great time eating Chicago style deep dish pizza and drinking fine craft beer. As the night wore on I was just finishing my pint when Jason told me to save space for something special. And special it was too. For Jason pulled up onto the counter a bottle. I knew what it was straight away. He proudly exclaims, "Utopias 2007!" After Jason fumbled with the twist cap I was surprised to see a beer cap on the bottle. Off the cap went and then a small sample into a waiting wine glass.
A nice amber colour with just a smidgen of lacy head. The aroma was of light spices and soft chewying licorice. And the taste was smoother than I expected. Sweet but balanced with a variety of different flavours melded together. An exciting experience. Thanks again Jason for the taste of the naturally brewed strongest alcoholic beer in the world.
Saturday, April 27, 2013
|Helliyers Road Pinot Noir and Helliyers Road Original |
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Liquors Hasegawa Previous Tasting Rules
Since that time I've seen an increase in customers tasting. Due to the increase of tasting customers, especially during busy times, Liquor Hasegawa has revised the rules. These rules will come into effect April 20th, 2013. You can see the new tasting rules here.
Liquors Hasegawa Tasting Rules Revision (Japanese)
I have translated the rules into English.
- Tasting service is offered in order to help with your purchasing selection. No “standing drinking” allowed.
- Those that are drunk will be refused tasting service.
- Only 5 tasting samples per day.
- You can taste two samples at a time.
- The tasting fee will be settled per tasting.
- During busy times you may be asked to make way. Keeping a standing place is not possible.
- Bringing bottled water is fine but do not place it on the serving table.
- You cannot taste the same product twice. Even on different days.
- Tasting service will end 15 minutes before closing.
- As the store is narrow, please be mindful of other customers.
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Saturday, December 8, 2012
|Whisky enthusiasts everywhere!|
|Special Bottling for order at the Shinanoya booth.|